Internship Receptionist Needed in Sicily!
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our hostel (Gianni House) is located in beautiful Taormina/Giardini-Naxos, Sicily.
Were located 300 meters from the sea and within 200 meters of the city centre of
Naxos. We’re at the foot of Mt. Etna, so watch out for lava: You can see the
volcano erupting over breakfast on the roof garden!
We are looking for one enthusiastic receptionist here at Gianni House. In
exchange for your work here you will receive:
- A bed in an ensuite room
- Free breakfast
- Free wifi
- Laundry and linens
- Access to a bicycle
- Free time to enjoy the beautiful Ionian sea, sun, mountains, and Sicilian culture
We are looking for one enthusiastic and responsible helper (age 25+). If you can enter a situation, see what is needed, do it, and keep your personality in a positive vibe, this position is ideal for you. You need to have a no problem attitude and be willing and able to step into a managerial position.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Welcoming guests on arrival
- Dealing with reservations by phone, e-mail, and face-to-face
- Checking guests into and out of the hotel, allocating rooms and handing out keys
- Preparing bills and taking payments
- Handling special requests from guests
- Answering questions about our facilities and the surrounding area
- Dealing with complaints or problems
- Ability to use a computer without supervision
- Friendly & a fast learner
- Good interpersonal skills are critical
- High attention to detail
- Previous Hostel/Hotel experience
- Drivers License
This is not a short-term work exchange positions, we need helpers who can
commit for at least 6 weeks, for the marketing position preferably someone
who is able to be here for 3 months of work.
The work load varies according to the season. There is always something to do
but when a lot of guests are here, things can get exciting, and an even keeled,
peaceful presence is essential. This is not a vacation, though you will of
course have plenty of free time.
If you are hard working, dedicated volunteer who loves people and hostels we
would love for you to help out here in beautiful Sicily. Please email us your
C.V. or resume and a recent photo and we will get back to you as soon as
possible. Applicants without this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
2,358 total views, 1 today